If you’re anything like me and Facebook notifications in Google Chrome are getting on your nerves because they keep popping up, even after you’ve shut them off in other location of your computer and Facebook settings. So, here’s what I did.
Block Facebook Notifications
For several weeks, I’ve been getting notifications from Facebook which I didn’t want, but I hadn’t taken the time to figure out how to stop Facebook from sending me notifications that I don’t want. Not everyone on Facebook is hooked on Facebook and wants to be notified when someone post another message. So, I went on a 5 minute mission and here’s what I came up with.
Manage Notification Exceptions In Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome settings page by clicking the gear/note icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on “settings” in the popup menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advance settings.”
- Under the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings.” tab.
- Scroll down to “Notifications” and click on “Manage exception.”
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of the Facebook URL (https://www.facebook.com/”), and change it from “Allow” to “Block.”
- Click done.
- Click done again.
- That’s it! No more Facebook notifications in Chrome.